Talented Poet using their talent flirt with young women
Nick Owen's Poetry and Pictures says:
A Shared Vision
When I am gone
And burned to dust
My ghost will call you to this Cornish cliff
To stand where I 've been standingOn
earth below the sky
Facing out the fierce wind
Watching the clouds roll by
And if my spirit hovers in the air
Like Heathcliffe's Cathy
Love beyond repair
hen let my earthly presence be more kind
I'll leave a token of myself behind
This headland is a favourite place
For wand'ring members of our island race
The ancients built no castles here
Attempting to protect us all from fear
But modern folk have left us look-out posts
Their benches mark our loving for the coast
Legacies for when we pass away
Testaments
To another glorious day
I want to leave, for you, a seat
Your visions here will make my life complete
For yours shall be the eyes that I once had
And if the tears flow
And you feel sad
I'll hold you here with arms so strong
To let you know I'm with you all along
You'll know this place that I once knew
And for a while
Your flickering love
May burn anew
But what shall be
My metamorphosis?
I beg you, guide me into gnosis
What material am I to be
To stand against the tempest and the sea?
There are so many benches on this shore
Will mine be a special one
Or just one more?
This one is concrete, this one stone
I have not found one yet that's made of bone.
This one is wood
It has some life
It's springy, yielding
Like a husband
Or a wife
But like a lover's heart
It breaks
Or slowly rots
As the painting flakes
The concrete slowly crumbles into dust
Its arteries of steel exposed to rust
So maybe my abode should be of stone
But hard rock slabs
Transmit
A deathly undertone
I do not want my seat to feel so cold
I have some tenderness left to unfold
And shall I be for you a single chair
So I possess you, Holding you
Exactly here
Or shall I be a little seat for two
Accepting a new love
Oh so close to you
Or shall I stretch myself for three
So you recall me with your family
the poem remains unfinished.
A Shared Vision
When I am gone
And burned to dust
My ghost will call you to this Cornish cliff
To stand where I 've been standingOn
earth below the sky
Facing out the fierce wind
Watching the clouds roll by
And if my spirit hovers in the air
Like Heathcliffe's Cathy
Love beyond repair
hen let my earthly presence be more kind
I'll leave a token of myself behind
This headland is a favourite place
For wand'ring members of our island race
The ancients built no castles here
Attempting to protect us all from fear
But modern folk have left us look-out posts
Their benches mark our loving for the coast
Legacies for when we pass away
Testaments
To another glorious day
I want to leave, for you, a seat
Your visions here will make my life complete
For yours shall be the eyes that I once had
And if the tears flow
And you feel sad
I'll hold you here with arms so strong
To let you know I'm with you all along
You'll know this place that I once knew
And for a while
Your flickering love
May burn anew
But what shall be
My metamorphosis?
I beg you, guide me into gnosis
What material am I to be
To stand against the tempest and the sea?
There are so many benches on this shore
Will mine be a special one
Or just one more?
This one is concrete, this one stone
I have not found one yet that's made of bone.
This one is wood
It has some life
It's springy, yielding
Like a husband
Or a wife
But like a lover's heart
It breaks
Or slowly rots
As the painting flakes
The concrete slowly crumbles into dust
Its arteries of steel exposed to rust
So maybe my abode should be of stone
But hard rock slabs
Transmit
A deathly undertone
I do not want my seat to feel so cold
I have some tenderness left to unfold
And shall I be for you a single chair
So I possess you, Holding you
Exactly here
Or shall I be a little seat for two
Accepting a new love
Oh so close to you
Or shall I stretch myself for three
So you recall me with your family
the poem remains unfinished.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home